Turkey Electronic Visa For U.S. Citizens – Everything You Should Know
Historical buildings, exotic beaches, rich culture, breathtaking landscapes, and delectable cuisines – Turkey never fails to amaze U.S. travelers. Given the dramatic increase in United States citizens visiting Turkey recently, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey has introduced the eVisa program in 2013.
This allows U.S. citizens to apply for Turkey eVisa online and receive an electronic copy, without having to visit the Turkish consulate or embassy to submit all documents and get a visa. Obtaining a Turkey visa from the United States is a mandatory requirement for all United States citizens who are visiting the country for a short duration.
Apply online for a Turkey visa at www.visa-turkey.org
Turkey Visa for US Citizens – Things to Know to Apply for an eVisa
The eVisa program allows United States citizens to apply for and obtain a visa electronically. However, before you apply, here are some important things you should keep in mind:
Validity of Turkey eVisa
The Turkey visa for US citizens is valid for up to 90 days, starting from the day you entered the country. With the visa, one can stay in Turkey for up to 3 months, provided the purpose of the visit is tourism, trade/business, or medical.
If the validity of 90 days on your Turkish visa expires within 180 days of the first entry date, you are eligible to reapply for an electronic visa at least 180 days later, beginning from the first date of entry. A crucial thing to keep in mind is that you can stay in the country for up to 3 months (90 days) every 180 days beginning from the date of your first entry.
In case you intend to stay in Turkey for a longer duration, you should apply for a relevant visa.
Purpose of Visit
Turkey visa for U.S. citizens is valid only for the purposes of tourism or business. It is a short-term visa that allows United States citizens to visit the country and stay for a maximum of 90 days from the date of issuing the visa. If you need to work or study in Turkey or stay for a longer duration, an electronic visa may not be a suitable option. In that case, you will need to apply for a regular visa at your nearest Turkish commission or embassy.
For U.S. citizens, Turkey electronic visa is a multiple-entry visa.
Turkey Visa from the United States: Requirements to Apply for an eVisa
To apply for a Turkey visa from the United States, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must hold a valid passport which should have at least 6 months of validity from the date when you intend to visit the country
- United States citizens who also hold passports of other nationalities should apply for a Turkey eVisa using the same passport that they intend to travel with
- You should provide a valid email address where you will receive your Turkey visa electronically and other updates
- You must provide supporting documents that validate your purpose of travel – tourism, business, or trade. You must submit a declaration that you do not intend to visit the country for study or employment
- You also require a valid debit or credit card or PayPal account to pay for the Turkey eVisa fees
The information that you provide when filling up the visa application should match the information available on your passport. Elsewhere, it can get rejected. You do not require presenting any document at the Turkey consulate or airport as all data gets electronically stored against your passport in the Turkey immigration system.
How to Apply for Turkey Visa?
Applying for a Turkey visa is simple and hassle-free for U.S. citizens. The process can be completed electronically at www.visa-turkey.org in less than 10 minutes. Here’s how to apply for a Turkey visa from the United States:
- First, you need to fill up a simple online application form that you can complete in less than 5 minutes. The application form requires you to fill up your personal details, including your name, date of birth, email address, place of birth, and gender. You will also need to provide all details about your trip, i.e., all information that validates your purpose of visit. These include your passport number, details of hotel booking, flight details, etc.
- Once you provide all the necessary details, you choose the speed of your visa application processing time
- In the third step, you need to review all information to ensure you have correctly filled out the application form. Then, you will need to pay the required fees for your Turkish visa
- Next, you will need to upload all supporting documents and submit the application for your Turkey visa. Make sure all the documents you scan and submit are original and legible
You can apply for a Turkey visa for US citizens on www.visa-turkey.org and once the application gets approved, you can receive your visa electronically via email. The procedure is exceptionally simple for United States citizens – all you need is to fill up your personal details correctly, have a valid passport & email address, and make payment through a debit or credit card .
Once your payment is verified and the application is processed, you will receive a letter along with the eVisa to your email address. In rare cases, if any further documentation is required, you will need to submit the same before the application can be approved.
How Much does Turkey Visa for U.S. Citizens Cost?
Typically, the cost of obtaining a Turkish visa will depend on the type of visa you have applied for and the processing time. There are different types of electronic visas available based on your purpose of visit. The cost of a visa will also vary depending on the length of time you want to spend in Turkey. To know the cost of a Turkey visa for United States citizens, get in touch with us.
Tourist Attractions for U.S. Citizens in Turkey
For United States citizens, there are numerous places of interest and things to do in Turkey. These include:
- Lycian Rock Tombs, Fethiye
- Pamukkale Water Terraces, Denizli
- Turkish bath at Cemberlitas Hamami
- Archaeological Site of Troy, Çanakkale
- Basilica Cisterns of Istanbul
- Myra Necropolis, Demre
- Pluto's Gate, Denizli Merkez
- Limestone Formations at Goreme National Park